Aquatic Therapy offered in the therapeutic pool offers many advantages and benefits to individuals recovering from all phases of injury or illness. The scope of patient diagnoses treated in the pool is surprisingly vast, encompassing everything from post-surgical, non-surgical, orthopedic, rheumatologic, and neurological to chronic pain. It is the therapeutic properties of the water combined with the skills and specialized training of the aquatic therapists that will help to improve mobility and function.
Goals of Aquatic Therapy
- Improve flexibility
- Improve balance & co-ordination
- Build muscle strength & endurance
- Enhance aerobic capacity
- Assist with gait & locomotion
- Reduce stress & promote relaxation
Cases that will benefit from Aquatic Therapy include,
- Neurological conditions like CP, Spina Bifida, Stroke etc
- Developmental Delays
- Post Surgical Cases
- Orthopaedic Cases – Fracture, Joint Replacement, Joint reconstruction etc.
- Pain Management
- Balance deficits – Inco-ordination, Afaxia
- Anxiety, Depression