Our aim at Psychotherapy department is to offer a multimodal therapeutic excellence by providing psychological and psychiatric assistance to young children, adolescents, young people and their families all under one roof.. The Psychotherapy Department was formed to create awareness, alleviation and support to individuals and families struggling with developmental and psychological concerns.
In the traditional approaches of healthcare, Good Health was simply seen as the absence of diseases and injuries, and their presence meant ill health. Moreover, while dealing with any illness and disease; the biomedical paradigm in which the biological aspects were the main focus of the scientist and practitioner.
Today, it is worth noticing the fact that with advances in psychological, medical, and physiological research have led to a new way of thinking about health and illness. This is reflected in the Biopsychosocial Model that views health and illness as the product of a combination of factors including biological characteristics, behavioural factors, and social conditions. The major advantage of this approach is that people can reduce their risk of developing major medical problems, receive more effective treatment, and reduce their health care cost when they seek treatment from an interdisciplinary team including behavioural health providers.
At present, the understanding of the body-mind-behaviour connect has dramatically changed the fabric of healthcare and the entire focus is stressed upon a holistic approach towards not just curing but healing the patient and the caregivers deeply.
Thus, based on the Biopsychosocial model of treatment the SRCC Centre for Child Development offers the five key verticals:
- Psychological assessments and Diagnostics (IQ, LD, DQ, Personality assessments)
- Developmental assessments and cognitive-behavioural counseling
- Counseling and psychotherapy using multidimensional therapeutic modalities
- Aptitude Testing and Career Guidance
- Family Therapy for parents, children and adolescents integrating mindfulness approaches
The department also has been actively running a support group for parents and caregivers of children with developmental difficulties, intellectual deficits, mood disorders, autism spectrum, learning and attention difficulties and hyperactivity concerns.
At the department we use a beautiful blend of therapies complementing a healthy mind and body connect as well as helping the caregivers while dealing with challenging behaviours. The multimodal approach uses the following themes:
- Behaviour Modification strategies and applied behavioural therapy techniques
- Family Systems Therapy approach
- Cognitive –Behavioural Approach
- Arts Based interventions and stress coping techniques
- Person-Centered Counseling approach
- Therapy using puppets, clay and sand, metaphors and play way methods
- Parental Counseling and caregiver’s support counseling
- Grief Counseling and Palliative care counseling approach
- Career Counselling and Vocational Guidance for addressing career decisions and planning
- Life Skills training and Social Skills training
- Study Skills, Concentration Management and Time Management planning
- Stress Management and Handling Oppositional behaviour in children and adolescents