Dance/movement therapy (DMT) is the psychotherapeutic use of movement and dance to support intellectual, emotional, and motor functions of the body. As a form of expressive therapy, DMT looks at the correlation between movement and emotion.
DMT involves client centered therapy sessions using dance forms, music, movements and clinical diagnostic assessments. Our Dance Movement Therapists are licensed clinical psychologists & registered Dance Movement Psychotherapists with expertise in working with children and adolescents in physical and psychological rehabilitation Centre. Programs are researched based and evidence inspired.
Dance Therapy Rehabilitation services are offered in the following areas but not limited to these:
- Neuro-diverse populations like Autism Spectrum, ADHD, Learning Difficulties
- Neuro-developmental delays
- Neurological Impairments like Brain injury, Cerebral Palsy, MS
- Medical Rehabilitation like Oncology, Cardiac Units.
- Mental Health Concerns like anxiety disorders, personality disorders, depression, schizophrenia, eating disorders
- Stress Management
- Communication skills
- Trauma work with abuse & violence
- At-risk adolescents
- Pain Management
- Caregivers / Families of the patients