SRCC takes your privacy seriously and treats all financial information about any transaction you have with SRCC as highly confidential. In addition, SRCC does not share e-mail addresses or phone numbers of any of its donors or constituents.
SRCC deeply values all contributions to sustain its mission. To protect the privacy of our donors and their special relationship with SRCC, we follow the following policies:
- We may request personal information online, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card number ONLY for the purposes of accepting donations to SRCC
- We will not release or use this information for any other purpose unless we have your consent.
- We do not trade with or sell your personal information to other organisations.
- We offer donors the option to be recognised anonymously.
- Donors may request, at any time, to not receive our solicitations.
- Donors may request to not receive certain mailings, such as our newsletter.
- We do not track, collect or distribute personal information entered by those who visit our website.
- Personal data collected through our website is encrypted using 128-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) technology.
- Personal information stored in SRCC database is protected with a secured login with authentication, assignment of a unique ID to each person with computer access, regular pass code changes, and user IDs are deactivated or terminated as needed.
- Our hosting data server provides data protection meeting PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), encrypted communication via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, intrusion detection for all devices and network nodes, state-of-the-art firewall infrastructure that detects malicious application attacks, virus protection, network load balancing devices via Citrix, and patch management, security and vulnerability monitoring and tracking, and SQL server attack protection via applications to detect SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Attacks.
To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organisations and causes they are asked to support, we assure the following:
- To be informed of SRCC’s mission, of the way SRCC intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on SRCC’s Executive Committee, and to expect the Committee to exercise prudent judgment in its responsibilities
- To have access to SRCC’s most recent audited financial statements
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent permitted by law
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing SRCC to the donor will be professional
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that SRCC may intend to share with third parties.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
What information we collect
We use personal information collected from donors for the purposes of processing donations and communicating with donors about SRCC as well as conducting the fund-raising and other operations of SRCC. This information may include name, amount donated, address, telephone number, donor comments, e-mail address, and any other personal information provided to us (“Donor Data”). For donations by cheque, Donor Data also includes the data visible on the cheque.
Information from Payment Processors and Other Service Providers: Payment processors allow donors to donate electronically using a payment services account, a credit card, or other payment method. These processors collect certain information from donors, and you should familiarise yourself with their privacy policies to determine their practices.
To provide donors the best possible experience, we work with service providers and may share Donor Data and other information with, or have it transmitted through, them. Such service providers include, for example, collection facilities and bandwidth providers as well as organisations that help non-profit organizations with fund-raising.
How we use that information
Donor Data may be used for of the following purposes:
- Distributing receipts and thanking donors for donations
- Informing donors about upcoming fund-raising and other activities of SRCC
- Internal analysis, such as research and analytics
- Record keeping
- Reporting to applicable government agencies as required by law
- Surveys, metrics, and other analytical purposes
- Other purposes related to the fund-raising operations,
Anonymous donor information may be used for promotional and fund-raising activities. Comments that are provided by donors may be publicly published and may be used in promotional materials. We may use available information to supplement the Donor Data to improve the information we use to drive our fund-raising efforts. We may allow donors the option to have their name publicly associated with their donation unless otherwise requested as part of the online donation process.
We use data gathered for payment processors and other service providers only for the purposes described in this policy.
We are committed to protecting donor personal information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. Among other things, we undertake a range of security practices, including measures to help secure web access to sensitive data and undertake efforts to address security vulnerabilities for various tools and databases.
We may disclose information when required by law; when needed to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, donors, or users; and when necessary to enforce our terms of service.
We seek to retain donor-related information only as needed to fulfil the purposes described in this policy unless a longer retention period is required by law or regulations. For example, tax laws in the India may require us to keep contact information and contribution level of donors on file for at least the period specified under the regulations.
You have certain rights with respect to the information we collect about you. Upon request, we will tell you what information we hold about you and correct any incorrect information. We will also make reasonable efforts to delete your information if you ask us to do so, unless we are otherwise required to keep it under regulations applicable tom us.
Terms & Conditions
The use of this site is provided by SRCC and is subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Your use of the site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of SRCC or any third party (including without limitation any SRCC sponsor or beneficiary) or the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- SRCC shall in no event be liable for any damages including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential damages, whatsoever arising from or in connection with the use or loss of use of the site, or any content on the site.
- SRCC can change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online under this section “Terms and Conditions”. Your continued use of this site after changes have been posted constitutes acceptance of the modified terms.
- SRCC does not guarantee that the site’s facilities and functions will be free from error or uninterrupted, that the site or the server that makes it available to you are free of viruses or bugs, that defects will be corrected, or that the content on the site is accurate or complete.
- SRCC takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites linked to or cited on this site.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on any public area of this site will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary information unless otherwise stated by SRCC. We reserve the right to remove without notice any material posted in any public area of the site.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in India.
If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions in full, you must stop using this site immediately. We reserve the right to prevent you from accessing this site, without prejudice to any of our other rights, if we consider that you have contravened any of these Terms and Conditions.